Could you be getting personal settings problem in FIFA 23?
With the error message stating on screen; “unable to save personal settings 1.”
With a recommendation of either to retry, cancel or continue without saving.
Many players encounter this error when trying to save their settings in FIFA 23.
In this guide, I am going to show you how to Fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23 Retry, Cancel or Continue Without Saving On PC.
So if you are receiving this error message and your FIFA 23 game is not saving then please follow the steps below.
How to fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23
How to fix “Unable to save Personal Settings 1” in FIFA 23:
- Manage Ransomware Protection
- Allow app to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall
- Delete FIFA 23 and Launch the game.
- Repair the Game Files.
Here are the 4 steps explained in detail so follow through carefully.
Step #1: Manage Ransom Protection
If you have any third party antivirus installing computer software, make sure that you allow the game exe files to your antivirus program.
- Go to the start menu.
- Click on settings and then Privacy and Security>Windows Security.
- Click on virus & thread protection.
- Scroll down and tap on manage ransomware protection link.
- Click on allow an app through control folder access.
- Click yes to allow.
- Tap on Add an allowed app.
- Click on browse all apps.
- Go to the Game installation folder.
If your game is installed in C-DRIVE then open it.
- Open program files x86
- Open the steam folder by clicking.
- Click the steam app folder and then the common folder where you will find FIFA 23.
- Open program files x86
- Click Origin games and there you will find FIFA 23 folder.
3. EA app
- Open program files.
- Select EA games and there you will find FIFA 23 folder.
4. Epic Games Launcher
- Open epic games to find FIFA 23
Add all exe files that are found in the FIFA 23 that is;
- Select the game exe file.
- Click on allowed app.
- Browse all apps
- Select FIFA23.exe/FIFA23_Trial/EAAntiCheatGameServiceLauncher and then click on open.
Repeat the process to add all the games exe files.
Finally launch the game.
If you are still receiving the error message then use the next step.
Step #2: Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall
- Open control panel in Window search box.
- Click on system and security.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on allow an app or feature through Windows Defenders Firewall.
- Tap on Change settings on the top left.
- Click on allow another app and then tap browse.
- Go to the game installation folder and open FIFA 23 folder.
- Select a game exe file (FIFA23.exe/FIFA23_Trial/EAAntiCheatGameServiceLauncher) and click open.
- Tap on Add.
Once all game Exe files are added, click OK and try to launch the game.
Step #3: Delete FIFA 23
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to documents folder.
- Right click on FIFA 23 and select Delete (Deleting FIFA 23 you will lose all the game progress.)
- Once it is deleted, launch the game.
Step #4: Repair the game files
- Go to Origin/ Epic Game Launcher/Steam/EA platform.
- Select my game library.
- Tap on the game (FIFA 23).
- Right click on the game and click repair.
- Open EA app.
- On the game icon, click on the three dots.
- Click on repair.
- Open Steam.
- Right click on FIFA 23.
- Select properties.
- Head to Local files tab.
- Click on verify integrity of game files.
- After verification launch the game.
Make sure to allow all game exe files to your antivirus program or window defender firewall.
This is because they normally tend to protect your PC from unknown Software or Apps.
Therefore it limits some exe files from working normally therefore you have to add these files manually and launch the game.
Sometimes the error could be caused due to a bug on EA servers where you have to wait until the EA team clears the issue.
In case you are still experiencing difficulties feel free to contact help support at https://help.ea.com/en/fifa/fifa-23/ .