You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior error in Roblox.
The error is also known as error code 268 in Roblox.
Many users are experiencing this error when they play the game.
If you are encountering error code 268, it is probably because you are using an exploit.
Popular Roblox exploit such as krnl give you the ability to teleport, fly, jump infinitely and more.
If you are using an exploit, you will be automatically kicked from the game.
In this guide, You will learn two approaches to fix you have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior or error code 268 in Roblox.
Fix #1: App Data Folder
Click Windows key plus r in the text box.
Type %appdata% and click ok.
In the url field, you will see the app data address.
Click on Appdata to open the app data folder.
Now proceed to Local folder.
Scroll down until you find the Roblox folder.
Click on the Roblox folder to open it.
Now you need to delete the xml documents in the cfg file.
After you have deleted the XML documents and the cfg file, you need to reopen the game in Roblox.
The error code 268 should be fixed.
Fix #2: Using UWP Roblox App
Using the UWP Roblox app, you might be able to bypass the 268 error entirely by migrating to the Roblox UWP (universal windows platform app.)
Go to Microsoft store and search for Roblox.
Click on the get button to begin the download on your computer.
Once the download is complete go ahead and sign in with your credentials to login with your account.
Head to the game tab and launch any mode you want and see if the error code has been resolved.
If you are getting a connection error on Roblox “You have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior” with error code 268 when trying to join the Roblox game on your mobile phone.
Here are the simple steps to help you fix it.
Fix #3: Clear Roblox Data
- Head to the phone setting and select my apps.
- Scroll down and select the Roblox app from your apps list.
- Force Stop the ROBLOX game.
- Now go to storage, tap on the clear data button followed by ok on the pop up message.
- Reopen the Roblox app and see if the problem is fixed.
Fix #4: Change DNS Settings
- Open the settings app on your phone.
- Now tap on connections or networks.
- Then tap on WIFI.
- Select the settings of your connected WIFI under Advanced.
- You need to change the ip settings to static.
- Once done, you will be able to manually input all the network settings you want that includes your DNS server.
- Simply enter the following numbers in brackets on DNS 1 (126.96.36.199) and DNS 2 (188.8.131.52).
Once you hit save, the settings should take effect.
Now you need to restart your phone.
Fix #5: Reinstall Roblox Game
If the Roblox join error 268 you have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior or error 524 you have permission is still bothering you, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the game completely.
Fix #6: Clear DNS Cache
On the search bar, type cmd.
You need to run as an administrator.
Type the following commands.
- ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter key.
- netsch winsock reset and press Enter.
Close the command prompt.
Go to search bar and type control panel.
Select Networks and sharing center.
From the left, select change adapter settings.
Right on Local Area Connections *2
Tap on internet protocol version 4 and go to properties.
Now you need to enter the preferred DNS address 184.108.40.206.
And 220.127.116.11 is the alternative DNS server.
Do the same for your WIFI connections.
Restart your computer.
Fix #7: Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Most applications like Roblox that were built with older versions of windows are likely to encounter problems when running on a new operating system.
Follow the steps below to edit the Roblox compatibility mode settings;
- Right click on Roblox and Choose PROPERTIES.
- Click the compatibility tab and then check run this program in compatibility mode for.
- From the drop down menu, choose the version of windows you want to use for your application.
- Click the apply button then OK.
Restart your pc and see if the problem was resolved.
This Roblox error 268 also occurs when the client makes an incorrect port transfer to join a server.
This means that a faulty internet connection causes the error code.